Reparative, skin-soothing serum
A creamy, nourishing serum that calms signs of sensitivity and evens out skin without the greasy after feeling. A blend of conditioning oils fight irritation, discoloration and breakouts caused by a damaged skin barrier. Skin looks clear, feels calm, and probably sounds amazing.
A Calming Hand
Our skin and the environment don’t always get along. So when you need help fighting off environmental aggressors, Great Barrier Relief is there to lend a hand. It works by repairing damage in the skin barrier—skin’s invisible shield. Great Barrier Relief helps “glue together tears in the barrier to keep the good stuff in and the bad stuff out. Let your skin sigh a great breath of relief.
Water, Propanediol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil(10%), Dipropylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Olivate, Polysorbate 60, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Glyceryl Oleate, Sorbitan Olivate, Sorbitan Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Glycerin, Butylene glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Squalane, Serine, Acetyl Glutamine, Glycine, Ceramide NP, Oleic acid, Sodium PCA, Glycosyl trehalose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Saccharide Isomerate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Disodium Phosphate, Sodium Phosphate, Tocopheryl acetate, Coco-caprylate/Caprate, Lactic acid, Xanthan gum, Urea, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Magnesium Chloride, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hydroxyacetophenone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Pentylene glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA
How to use
Use before moisturizing stage of skincare or to replace moisturizer. Apply 1-2 pumps and massage evenly over face, avoiding eye and lip areas. Pat lightly to aid absorption. Can also be used throughout the day to soothe irritated skin
The following steps only apply to those who have severely damaged skin-barrier that literally every product they apply stings and irritate.
- Drop every skincare product you’re using.
- Take a break from cleansing, makeup and sunscreen during this period.
- If you need to wash your face, use lukewarm water and gently rinse.
- Use distilled water if you live in a place where tap water is too harsh or unfiltered!
- Stop sunscreen use as the chemical UV filters can easily sink in and further sensitize the skin and nowadays, most conventional mineral sunscreens use nano/micro UV filters which can easily get absorbed into the skin too. Furthermore sunscreens that are formulated with other potential irritants can exacerbate the problem.
- Use Great Barrier Relief morning and night until your skin has reset and feels relieved and relaxed.
- Start adding back your core essentials once your skin is healed: Cleanser, Moisturiser and SPF.