The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 5% in Squalane
The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 5% in Squalane is a water-free solution that contains a 5% concentration of an advanced retinoid active complex called Granactive Retinoid that has been shown to offer better results against multiple signs of ageing than retinol without any of the irritation and drawbacks common with retinol.
- Alcohol Free
- Mineral Oil Free
- Paraben Free
- Cruelty Free
- Artificial Fragrance Free
- Sulphate Free
A high performance anti-aging serum, The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 5% in Squalane targets multiple skin concerns such as pigmentation, wrinkles, and uneven texture.
Dermatologists agree that retinoic acid is the most potent form of retinoid available to achieve a younger looking appearance. This face serum features a water-free formula that is less irritating than traditional retinoids, yet with superior benefits. Over time, you will achieve younger, healthier looking skin.
- Brightens and lightens pigmentation spots
- Diminishes the appearance of lines and wrinkles
- Offers lightweight hydration that never feels heavy
- Refines skin texture and tone
- Non-irritating formula helps skin look brighter and with a natural glow
- Retinoic acid features true next generation technology to help skin cells make new collagen, lightens pigmentation and fades age spots, stimulates circulation, and reduces lines and wrinkles. This form of retinoid is not only more effective than traditional retinol, it is also less irritating.
- Squalane offers potent anti-ageing benefits and offers anti-inflammatory benefits, making it an ideal ingredient to help care for conditions such as acne and eczema.
- Tomato fruit extract helps balance sebum production, eases redness and itching, and helps regulate skin pH.
- Abundant in antioxidants, jojoba seed oil helps soften fine lines, minimises oil production, and often skin softening benefits.
How to use The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 5% in Squalane:
- After cleansing and toning, apply a few drops to the skin before you apply your face moisturizer.
- Retinoids make your skin more photosensitive, so be sure to apply a broad spectrum sunscreen daily.
Apply a small amount to face in the PM as part of your skincare regimen, after water-based serums but before heavier treatments. Do not use with other retinoid treatments. Avoid unprotected solar exposure. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to our in-depth guide to patch testing. Keep out of reach of children. Refrigerate after opening.
If this product is sealed, please ensure the seal is intact prior to using the product.
What is this product formulated WITHOUT?
The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 5% in Squalane is free of nuts, silicone, alcohol, and parabens. It is also vegan, cruelty free, and gluten free.
Who should use this product?
Anyone who is not pregnant or breastfeeding can safely use this product.
Squalane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Bisabolol, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.
Our formulations are updated from time to time as part of our commitment to innovation. As such, the ingredient list shown here may vary from the box of the product depending on time and region of purchase.
The Ordinary recently made changes to the existing formulas under the “Retinoids” category of The Ordinary in standing with their commitment to innovation and further improving our formulations. These changes are intended to ensure and maintain the consistent stability of our products in all the regions we sell in, especially regions of the tropical climate. In addition to those changes, the aforementioned formulas, may appear darker in colour and impart a detectable Rosemary-like scent. This is expected and should not be taken as an indication of product instability.